Lucien Favre

Borussia all over the world!
oldparish

Lucien Favre

Beitrag von oldparish » 14.02.2011 17:11

Is this the best we can do.Have we no ambition?Do the people in charge like seeing the club go down.Why wasn't there a huge effort made to get Jol or Gross.We've gone from one coach who took Bielefeld down to another who as good as toook Hertha down.If anyone thinks this bloke will keep us up then they are totally deluded. :wut:
discostu

Re: Lucien Favre

Beitrag von discostu » 15.02.2011 21:46

Favre didnt take Hertha down, he brought them in the Euroleague! And lost 5 games at the beginning of their last season in the Bundesliga! And then ge got dismissed! :kopfball:
I think he is the best coach we can get in our situation! Would you have liked Effenberg more? Or Voigts? Or Loddar :wink: :schildpueh:
Megadeth

Beitrag von Megadeth » 15.02.2011 22:52

oldparish hat geschrieben: Why wasn't there a huge effort made to get Jol or Gross.
Difference between Favre and Gross/Jol? - :wink: Gross/Jol both have managed the sc.. in the past... :wink:
oldparish

Beitrag von oldparish » 16.02.2011 18:40

Megadeth,in a perfect world I would have begged Ralf Rangnick,no matter what he said about staying away until the summer. I noticed that Huub Stevens was mentioned in "Kicker".Isn't he wasting his time down in Salzburg? :bmg:
Megadeth

Beitrag von Megadeth » 16.02.2011 21:31

Oldparish, I don’t care which manager will take you down… sorry mate, I am Cologne :D . Ah, no. Actually, make that deep down I know I don’t want our clubs to be playing in different leagues. I always look up for the date of our derby as soon as the fixtures get published. Who wants to play the likes of Hoffenheim or Wolfsburg?! Well, I don't want us (Cologne that is) to get relegated either... I have been dreaming of a trip to the Lane in any European Cup Competition ever since, just like you lot went to Highbury in the mid-90's, where you actually put on a quite impressive support and Effenberg simply played world class on the day... Mmh, dreams an' memories...

Gooner 4life
discostu

Beitrag von discostu » 16.02.2011 21:41

Megadeth hat geschrieben:Ah, no. Actually, make that deep down I know I don’t want our clubs to be playing in different leagues. I always look up for the date of our derby as soon as the fixtures get published.
You seem to like it to get ur a.ss kicked :mrgreen:
Megadeth

Beitrag von Megadeth » 16.02.2011 22:25

Yeah, perhaps so. We do get our share of decent results though... and it's all about excitement on the day and in the built up before the match.
Excitement before playing Wolfsburg? None!
Playing Gladbach? Days, weeks, even months... :wink:
oldparish

Beitrag von oldparish » 17.02.2011 16:51

Megadeth,I was there that night at "Highbury the Library".Effe totally destroyed the Arsenal and their famous"back 5".We won three two Andrej Juskowiak scored twice if I remember correctly.And just to prove it wasn't a "fluke"(that's another word for lucky over here) we went and beat them by the same score in the return,which again if I'm correct,was played at the Mungersdorfer.It'll always be the Mungersdorfer to me.Going off track here that was the first German Stadium I ever visited, Germany v Wales 1979.Germany won 5-1.The first Bundesliga game I saw was at the Boekelberg hence my patiality for the Fohlen Elf.Personally I have no hatred of FC,they just don't figure on my radar except for derby weeks.Of course I hope we both stay up for the reasons you gave. :bmg:
Megadeth

Beitrag von Megadeth » 17.02.2011 21:54

:offtopic:

...Oldparish, I attended both matches (Arsenal-MG) as well. As far as I remember Ian Wright just equalized before half time (second leg) and then `'Merse' scored to put Arsenal in front, bringing back a glimmer of hope... In the end Arsenal never really threatened MG, so they deservedly went through with two straight wins... In fact, I have got a perfect record from your point of view for MG's EuroCup matches: watched three - 3 MG wins (The 3rd one beeing that famous 5 -1 win in '86 (?) over Real Madrid at Düsseldorf - but MG lost 4 -0 away to Real :wink: ).

Any English team you support?
oldparish

Beitrag von oldparish » 18.02.2011 17:11

I used to have a hankering after Liverpool.Then Heysel and the Hilsborough.and I kind of lost interest after that.Since 1966(when I was relatively young) I've always been interested in German football.And since satellite tv it's beome a bit of an obsession.No matter what they say in England I think the BuLi is much better.Stadiums are more full. The atmosphere is 100% better.Even the clubs with crowds that can rival the Bundesliga like Manchester United and Arsenal don't have atmospheres like the Borussia Park ,or Dortmund,Schalke,Nuremberg or dare I say it even at your ground,whatever it's called this week:).Actually I have become a complete "Teutophile" in as much as I love most things about your country.The trains,people obviously the football,the coffe(Jacobs)but your language drives me nuts!Can I also explain something to you about these British Isles .Although we are all lumped together we are four separate nations and although we are often called England on continental Europe the only thing we have in common is we all hate the English.The Welsh,Scots and Irish that is.The biggest insult you can throw at anyone from Wales, Scotland or Ireland is to call them English.And just to prove my point during the last World Cup the day Germany absolutey battered England there was a pub not far from me that had the biggest GERMAN flag flying the whole weekend. :bmg:
Megadeth

Beitrag von Megadeth » 19.02.2011 09:47

oldparish hat geschrieben:I used to have a hankering after Liverpool.Then Heysel and the Hilsborough.and I kind of lost interest after that.Since 1966(when I was relatively young) I've always been interested in German football.And since satellite tv it's beome a bit of an obsession.No matter what they say in England I think the BuLi is much better.Stadiums are more full. The atmosphere is 100% better.Even the clubs with crowds that can rival the Bundesliga like Manchester United and Arsenal don't have atmospheres like the Borussia Park ,or Dortmund,Schalke,Nuremberg or dare I say it even at your ground,whatever it's called this week:).

Heysel, Hilsborough > Tragedy.
Atmosphere: I'd say the atmosphere over here is different, not neccessarily better than in England. We still got terraces here, so it's not fair to compare that with all seaters. I have got a video on the history of The Kop, which used to send shivers down my spine whenever I watched it - brilliant. I went to quite a few matches in England in the 90's (Moan U, City, Liverpool, Everton, Newcastle, Boro, Sheffield (Owls & Blades), Nottingham, Ipswich, Norwich, all London grounds - you name it and the atmosphere was quite impressive every time. What's different is the crowd's reaction to what happens on the pitch: Say, a corner awarded to the home team in England will send the home crowd in full voice of 'come on'-shouts... One other difference I experieneced is that there's more reference in the songs sung to what is actually happening on the pitch or with the players or the club. Songs in England are more spontaneous, funnier and witty compared to the always-the-same songs in Germany.

Actually I have become a complete "Teutophile" in as much as I love most things about your country.The trains,people obviously the football,the coffe(Jacobs)but your language drives me nuts!Can I also explain something to you about these British Isles .Although we are all lumped together we are four separate nations and although we are often called England on continental Europe the only thing we have in common is we all hate the English.The Welsh,Scots and Irish that is.The biggest insult you can throw at anyone from Wales, Scotland or Ireland is to call them English.And just to prove my point during the last World Cup the day Germany absolutey battered England there was a pub not far from me that had the biggest GERMAN flag flying the whole weekend. :bmg:
Oh Sorry, I didn't mean to call you English. (Did I, actually?) I just aked if you had an English team you support. I know some Arsenal fans who are from Wales and I was told that there's more interest into the English leagues than into welsh football... Nothing more to it, really.

Hey, enjoy the match tomorrow, maybe Favre will get the result(s), if not you're doomed... :roll:
oldparish

Beitrag von oldparish » 19.02.2011 14:59

You are right about Welsh fans.It's because Rugby is so big here as well(even though the football supporters won't have it) that our Welsh league is very poor but is improving slowly.Fans naturally gravitate to the bigger leagues.Cardiff and Swansea get pretty decent crowds but they are competeing in the English league system.I guess it would be like,say, two Belgian clubs in the Bundesliga.There has been talk (but nothing has come of it so far) of Rangers and Celtic coming to pllay England as well.And o you didn't call me English and I'm sorry if I gave that impression.It's justwe get a bit paranoid about it over here in the Celtic countries of the UK.Finally,I don't hold out much hope with Favre.It seems to me that when we fire a coach they have a look around see whose avaiable and then pick the worst one.But only time will tell.If he gets us out of this mess I will be the first one to say well done. :bmg:
Megadeth

Beitrag von Megadeth » 19.02.2011 23:49

Not much love lost between the two sets of supporters, Cardiff and Swansea, eh? And lots of trouble when CFC (or West Ham?) went to Cardiff in recent years (FA-Cup?). I've heard that 'Rangers and Celtic into the PL - for two decades now, doesn't really make any sense to me... You've got the odd 'Battle of Britain' every now and then in the Champions League anyway, the SPL seems to be dull, for there' only these two Clubs competing for the title, you don't want to make it even duller - nearly no crowds at other matches...

Today's results should add to the players' motivation in their search for a good performance and a finally a win at home. It's a question of confidence, I reckon. Favre's advantage will be that he has got nothing to do with the past and that his changes to the team selection will bring back some belief into success... Bailly is definitely the better goal keeper imo, if you hold on to a cleen sheet there's enough quality up front to score a goal...
oldparish

Beitrag von oldparish » 21.02.2011 16:13

Good start.We now have to keep on winning.It's of no use to lose next Friday especially after such a spirited come back.Nice to see Peer Kluge still has some feeling for the club after he hardly celebrated his goal.Megadeth,Swansea-Cardiff is one of the most bitter derbys in football. There used be a lad on here that comes from the just over the mountain(s) fom me and he is a Swansea "Jack".Ask him about Swansea v Cardiff.Only one word...evil. :bmg:
Megadeth

Beitrag von Megadeth » 21.02.2011 22:45

oldparish hat geschrieben: There used be a lad on here that comes from the just over the mountain(s) fom me and he is a Swansea "Jack"
I wonder why it's that quiet in the 'International'-section. There should be lots of other fans from England :D , Wales, Scotland, whereever... You seem to be the One and Only Fohlen from abroad. :winker:
oldparish

Beitrag von oldparish » 23.02.2011 16:39

There used to be quite a few of us at one time but I think they became disillusioned with the way the club was/is being run.They're still probably "Foals" fans but can't be bothered to come on here anymore.For me it's a case of"Einmal Borusse,immer Borusse" :bmg:
Megadeth

Beitrag von Megadeth » 23.02.2011 19:43

oldparish hat geschrieben:For me it's a case of"Einmal Borusse,immer Borusse" :bmg:
I appreciate your attitude towards your loyality. :daumenhoch: As to the club you've chosen: 'You sad sod' :D
oldparish

Beitrag von oldparish » 24.02.2011 16:41

I think that usually,in football terms,the club chooses you rather than you chosing the club(apart from the glory hunters that is).If it was FC v Eintracht at the Mungersdorfer that was my first BuLi game then I would probably be an FC fan now.Have to admit though,I'm happy with my choice,even though we are where we are right now. :bmg: And I'll be watching on ESPN on Friday night.AND,if the worst comes to the worst every Monday on Sport1.next season.
discostu

Beitrag von discostu » 28.02.2011 13:11

Worst case.... poor Borussia.... but I always say: 1. Liga ist da, wo Gladbach spielt! :daumenhoch: I hope you understand :wink:
Megadeth

Beitrag von Megadeth » 28.02.2011 22:15

It's not over until it's over....
Antworten