Hello everybody

Borussia all over the world!
Antworten
Dr_MvN

Hello everybody

Beitrag von Dr_MvN » 28.06.2020 04:54

I guess this is the section where people introduce themselves and also where people speak English.

I don't have anything terribly fascinating to say about myself, I guess. Like everybody else (or, well, just about everybody else here), I'm a Gladbach fan, have been since I started following German football about 5-6 years ago (I got a late start, which is an easy thing when you grow up in the US). I've tried to make more of a recent habit of visiting the forums here, which has been easy enough given our wonderful season and strong finish, but obviously it holds me back from participating myself in that my ability to write in German, let alone articulate thoughts and useful opinions, is still very limited despite (admittedly sporadic) attempts to learn the language over the years. Maybe I just don't have the knack for language learning that I wish I did, or maybe I haven't found a winning method yet. I believe I can learn German, and it's my job to do so if I want to participate on this forum. It's your forum, your country*, and your language, so it's my job to adapt to you guys. This will be one of my goals as we look forward to next season; hopefully it doesn't turn out like 90% of my other goals and ends up being forgotten or neglected within the next week.

Not sure I have too much more to add about myself. I'm also not sure any of this is terribly interesting :mrgreen:. I look forward to (trying to) visit here more often, hopefully learn a thing or two, and hopefully not make a total fool of myself when I try to write in the language. No promises, however. There are few things on my wanting-to-do list more important than visiting Germany and going to the Borussia-Park someday, and if I'm gonna do it, I'm gonna do it right. I look forward to future interactions with you fine folks.

*well, countries. I'm sure there are Austrians and Swiss people here too, even if Swiss German is a funny interpretation of what German is. :lol:
HerbertLaumen

Re: Hello everybody

Beitrag von HerbertLaumen » 28.06.2020 10:12

Welcome to the Borussia Forum and Community.

Don't be shy to use the english section to express your thoughts about soccer and Borussia, eventually other english speaking fans will join. There is no obligation to learn German - which is really hard to master even for native speakers - many people over here are able to write in English :wink:

From where in the US are you?
Dr_MvN

Beitrag von Dr_MvN » 28.06.2020 14:28

Danke!

Ich wohne in Tampa Bay (the region, not the body of water, of course). It's where I've lived for all but 9 1/2 months of my life, though those 9 1/2 months rule out much of a chance of ever moving to the Rheinland. If I'm not living in a coastal area, I'm pretty miserable. Product of where I grew up, I guess.
Zuletzt geändert von Borusse 61 am 28.06.2020 14:31, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Grund: Unnötiges Zitat entfernt
Macragge

Beitrag von Macragge » 31.10.2020 12:55

HerbertLaumen hat geschrieben: 28.06.2020 10:12 your thoughts about soccer
Stop it Herbert ! You know the real name ;)

@Dr-MvN
Welcome to the forum, but be aware, we're far away from being normal people :cool: :mrgreen:
Antworten