Which coach next?

Borussia all over the world!
Antworten
rwo power
Which coach next?

Beitrag von rwo power » 26.09.2015 02:13

I think this topic merits a thread of its own when I saw the question coming up in the Mo Dahoud thread.

There we had
oldparish hat geschrieben:One final thing, and I know it's early days,but any names been mentioned as Lucien Favre's replacement?
Rastatter hat geschrieben: It was a shock that Favre quit, but I´m sure Max Eberl and Borussia will find an intelligent coach for our team. Names are a lot around, from Klopp to Keller and Schaaf. But what Borussia really need is not a motivator alone, we need a coach with a match philosophy like Favre has and this is very difficult, as you can imagine.
Currently people are left nicely in the dark. I say "nicely" as this means that Max Eberl does what he does best - he's looking for a good solution and he keeps quiet about it, which is the best way to go about things like contract talks IMO.

The names that are mentioned in either media or the forum here are pure speculation, as there have been no names mentioned by any people on the Gladbach board so far - as a matter of fact, Max Eberl very cleverly evaded all questions by journalists and didn't give them either a time frame ("I could present someone fast, or I could take time until winter"), and he also left it open whether he'd go for someone who is currently with or without a contract.

My personal favourites would be the JKs (and I don't mean "just kidding"):
- Jürgen Klopp, whose agent may have turned down any connections to Gladbach on the very first day Lucien Favre's resignation was published (which I mainly considered a move to shoo away nosy journalists, though), and
- Jens Keller, who was much maligned by the media, but who has actually a lot of the qualities needed for the Gladbach job, if you think about it rationally.
Rastatter

Re: Which coach next?

Beitrag von Rastatter » 28.09.2015 19:26

Jürgen Klopp is a quite good coach, but I think his attidude doesn`t work in Gladbach. Or can you imagine after Favre a Coach running on the sideline like a devil. Anyway, I think Klopp is looking for a job in England.
But Keller is very interesting, I`m not sure but I read somewhere here on the board, that he is in England right now, doing further studies around soccer. I think he is a better coach for Gladbach.
oldparish

Beitrag von oldparish » 30.09.2015 17:43

Ralf Rangnick?After reading Raph Honigstein's book "Das Reboot" he is a very impressive and future looking coach.Although I don't think he is actually at RB Leipzig
rwo power

Beitrag von rwo power » 30.09.2015 19:06

Since Ralf Rangnick is at RB Leipzig, he seems to have soaked up the RB propaganda big time and even appears to bleed the red sugar water nowadays. I am not sure he would want to leave them (particularly as I'd expect he's being paid a lot of money), and even if he'd leave, I would be doubtful about his reception outside of the world of corporate projects nowadays.
MAK

Beitrag von MAK » 01.10.2015 00:19

There is NO chance that person (having coached Hoffenheim and Leipzig) would EVER be accepted at our club ! So No you'll never see him at this here!
oldparish

Beitrag von oldparish » 01.10.2015 09:16

Your two answers are one of the many reasons I love German football.It's still generally all about the fans.As opposed to football over the border in England where wages and rich owners are the most important things.I know he doesn't want the job but nobody can criticise the work of Andre Schubert.He's got us playing again with the tempo of he last couple of years under Lucien Favre :daumenhoch: Bit disappointing last night especially as I thought overall we were as good if not better than Manchester City.Have to tell you all in Germany that THREE times before 6.00am GMT the radio station I was listening to said Dortmund instead of Mönchengladbach.I let them know,don't worry.Es gibt nur eine Borussia. :schildgeilsterclub:
Antworten