Centre backs

Borussia all over the world!
Antworten
oldparish

Centre backs

Beitrag von oldparish » 26.06.2015 09:10

Why aren't we chasing after a ready made Bundesliga experienced centre back like Carlos Zambrano? His contract at Frankfurt has run out and it looks like he has no intention of re~newing it. It would only cost his wages AND I've just read 1FC K@#n are sniffing around. Come on Max,can't let someone of his ability go to that lot
HerbertLaumen

Re: Centre backs

Beitrag von HerbertLaumen » 26.06.2015 09:23

Because Zambrano doesn't fit into Favres idea of how football should be played.
oldparish

Beitrag von oldparish » 29.06.2015 12:39

Well,try James Chester of Wales and Hull City.he's just been relegated with Hull (so I'm guessing he'd be happy to leave) although he missed a huge part of the season with a dislocated collar bone.For Wales he has been faultless.And that's against Bosnia and Belgium twice.Remember WALES have played Belgium twice in these EC qualis and they haven't scored!
HerbertLaumen

Beitrag von HerbertLaumen » 29.06.2015 12:57

Never heard of this guy. Sounds interesting.
oldparish

Beitrag von oldparish » 30.06.2015 10:26

See Zambrano was sent off last night :nein: I would tell you to YouTube Chester but it only shows the good bits and even Franz Beckenbauer made the odd mistake.Honestly though it may be worth Borussia taking a look
HerbertLaumen

Beitrag von HerbertLaumen » 30.06.2015 10:43

You better send your hint to this guy: max.eberl@borussia.de
Just kidding :animrgreen:
oldparish

Beitrag von oldparish » 30.06.2015 22:36

I wouldn't dare try and tell Herr Eberl how to do his job.he seems to be managing fine without my interference.just out of curiosity Herbert,what is your opinion of us signing all these kids?Risk or not?
PaulX

Beitrag von PaulX » 30.06.2015 23:42

@oldparish

We currently have a lot of controversial discussions here in the "Transfers Politics of Borussia" board, why Max and his competence team have decided to rely on the current defense and keep on watching for some promising european talents. It's a strategic decision we cannot perceive because we don't have the big picture they have.

For some of us, this particular recruiting period has a bitter taste (thus we play Cl now the expectations are growing) while others appreciates this as a trendsetting direction. In the past season we had the second best defense in the Bundesliga and - to my mind - there is no reason to make any sensible changes now.

Of course Martin Stranzl and Roool Browser must be "replaced" in the next one or two years. That's - it's just my guess - why Eberl counts on these talents to substitute the old farts when their time has come. One possible direction to go for Eberl is to not pay a huge amount of money (Thorgan Hazard ~ 8 Million) for talents from e.g. Chelsea etc. for the next years but to discover them for his own when they are affordable.

And what Zambrano concerns, he is not such a flexible player - Favre calls this polyvariant - which is a best fit for Favre.

Some personnel remarks: it really makes me proud to see that Borussia has fans in Wales and other european countries - that Borussia has a such broad european community. :winker:
HerbertLaumen

Beitrag von HerbertLaumen » 01.07.2015 07:46

oldparish hat geschrieben:...Herbert,what is your opinion of us signing all these kids?Risk or not?
I don't think it's a risk. Why? Because we replaced Kramer with Stindl and Kruse with Drmic, so I think we are at the same level than last season, more or less. Why not buy young talents? I cannot understand all the flutter about it. We have a lot of first class centre backs, there is imho simply no need to buy another one for a lot of money.
oldparish

Beitrag von oldparish » 01.07.2015 13:14

Thanks for those replies lads. Interesting opinions from both of you.Favre basically turned Kramer from a Zweite Liga loanee to a World Champion. So I'm confident that he could help those youngsters progress along the same sort of path.PaulX,the Bökelberg was my first visit to a Bundesliga ground and that was it for me.Einmal Borussen immer Borussen,oder?
HerbertLaumen

Beitrag von HerbertLaumen » 01.07.2015 13:24

oldparish hat geschrieben:Einmal Borussen immer Borussen,oder?
That's for sure :daumenhoch:
PaulX

Beitrag von PaulX » 01.07.2015 17:28

It's as simple as that :daumenhoch: :winker:
Cormac

Beitrag von Cormac » 03.07.2015 20:31

oldparish hat geschrieben:Well,try James Chester of Wales and Hull City.he's just been relegated with Hull (so I'm guessing he'd be happy to leave) although he missed a huge part of the season with a dislocated collar bone.For Wales he has been faultless.And that's against Bosnia and Belgium twice.Remember WALES have played Belgium twice in these EC qualis and they haven't scored!
Although I agree he's a class centre back he might be too pricey for us.
Read somewhere Steve Bruce put a whopping £10m tag on him which is surely well over top but even for half that price he'd be to dear.
I'd suggest an irish player but there aren't any that are either good enough or not already involved with with an english club. :nein:
-
Borusse since 1970.
PaulX

Beitrag von PaulX » 03.07.2015 21:54

@ oldparish, Cormac

Isn't it fantastic after all these (some times painful) years in the past two decades we now can sing the song that we all are singing since some months:

"Auf auf auf in die Champions League
und mit jedem Sieg
singen wir das Lied..."
(repeating)

The somehow missing seriousness of this post is due to the heat we have today and the Merlot tonight :diebels:
oldparish

Beitrag von oldparish » 05.07.2015 10:06

PaulX,I've been wandering around singing that since the win in Bremen!And I was at at wedding that day. One other thing,I was trying to watch the TuS Koblenz game on my iPad but the signal went once in the first half and completely in the second.anyone else suffer this or was it only in deepest,darkest Wales?
oldparish

Beitrag von oldparish » 05.07.2015 10:12

Cormac,I didn't realise that.Steve Bruce not being fair or realistic.Pressure from above maybe?I would pay 5million in an English context but like you say, it's a lot of money and not the Borussia way.Remember Luuk de Jong :roll:
PaulX

Beitrag von PaulX » 05.07.2015 10:44

oldparish hat geschrieben:PaulX,I've been wandering around singing that since the win in Bremen!And I was at at wedding that day. One other thing,I was trying to watch the TuS Koblenz game on my iPad but the signal went once in the first half and completely in the second.anyone else suffer this or was it only in deepest,darkest Wales?
It happened to others as well. They claimed they had technical issues due to the heat (40°C). 'Hope they will do a better job for the other, pending games.
Cormac

Beitrag von Cormac » 10.07.2015 00:28

oldparish hat geschrieben:Remember Luuk de Jong
I'm pretty sure we all remember that 'misunderstanding'.
PaulX hat geschrieben:@ oldparish, Cormac

Isn't it fantastic after all these (some times painful) years in the past two decades we now can sing the song that we all are singing since some months:

"Auf auf auf in die Champions League
und mit jedem Sieg
singen wir das Lied..."
(repeating)

The somehow missing seriousness of this post is due to the heat we have today and the Merlot tonight :diebels:
-
Not so hot over here, lashin' rain for a week. :?:
But I'm over the moon about me mate giving me that 'Auf auf auf in die Champions League Borussia International' t-shirt.
Wearing it every night I go to the pub.
So, it'll be worn out by the time Borussia is gonna play their first match, I guess.
PaulX

Beitrag von PaulX » 10.07.2015 23:02

Cormac hat geschrieben:
But I'm over the moon about me mate giving me that 'Auf auf auf in die Champions League Borussia International' t-shirt.
Wearing it every night I go to the pub
Sorry Cormac, it doesn't work like that. :nein:
We need evidence! :animrgreen:
I propose to attach a pic of the international shirt w/o you.

I'm so curious :wait:
Cormac

Beitrag von Cormac » 11.07.2015 13:19

Before we keep on highjacking this thread any further let's continue here: http://forum.borussia.de/viewtopic.php? ... 8#p3673668, please. byebye
Antworten