Liverpool Supporter goes Moenchengladbach against Bochum

Borussia all over the world!
Jonny
Liverpool Supporter goes Moenchengladbach against Bochum

Beitrag von Jonny » 19.04.2007 01:02

Liverpool supporters are travelling to Moenchengladbach in Germany to spend a friendship weekend with our friends from Gladbach in Germany. We are travelling over on Friday 18 May 2007 and returning on Sunday 20 May 2007.

On Saturday 19 may 2007 we will be watching Borussia in their last home match of the 2006/2007 season versus VFL Bochum in the German Bundesliga, it is already a guaranteed full house of 53000.

My good friend Thomas “Tower” Weinmann, Gladbach fan liason officer, has reserved a number of tickets for us to watch this match, match tickets cost only 25 Euros (approximately £17.00).

If you would like to join us on this trip please contact me, Graham Agg (Mobile:07985648229) or via my Email address (grahamlfc@aol.com) or my official Liverpool supporters club (Merseyside branch) colleague Peter Grimes (Mobile: 07779658020) for further information. I having lived in Germany for 9 years can guarantee you a fantastic weekend, German hospitality is second to none and of course they have the best beer in the world!!

Formore information on this special friendship please read below:-

Liverpool FC and BorussiaMoenchengladbach
- a very special Friendship

There is a special friendship that exists between Liverpool and German Bundesliga Club Borussia Moenchengladbach (BMG) that has existed between the two clubs and particularly the supporters since the famous European Cup Final in 1977 in Rome when Liverpool beat the reigning German Champions at that time 3-1 to win the European Cup for the first time in the eternal Italian city of Rome.
Almost 30,000 Liverpool supporters made the trip to Rome via car, boat, train and plane. At the time Gladbach were without doubt one of the best teams in europe with world class players like European footballer of the year Simonsen and of course their captain and German national defender Berti Vogts.
It was of course the very last match for Liverpool's best player at the time Kevin Keegan, who gave one of his best ever displays in a red shirt. He tormented his man marker Berti Vogts so much it eventually led to Vogts bringing him down in the penalty box which led to a penalty converted by Liverpool right back Phil Neal to make it 3-1 and that is how the match finished with Liverpool lifting the European Cup for the first time in their history.

The following season Liverpool were to meet Gladbach again in the European Cup semi-final, and after Liverpool suffered a 1-2 defeat in the first leg in the Germany in front of 66,000 fans,with a late goal from Rainer Bonhoff after a mistake from Liverpool keeper Ray Clemence. In the return match at Anfield in front of 51,500 supporters in a packed and pulsating Anfield Liverpool overran Gladbach with a unbelievable performance and ran out 3-0 winners, winning the tie 4-2 on aggregate.

After these games a special friendship was formed between the two clubs and as I said earlier, also the supporters, this resulted in Liverpool and Borussia supporters holding yearly friendly matches between the fans and also every season to the present day, during the winter German break approximately 100 to 150 Gladbach fans travel over to Liverpool to support the Reds at a match at Anfield.

This year the Gladbach supporters took the decision not to travel as the only games available for them to see were the home matches against city rivals Everton and Premiership champions Chelsea, because they are both massive matches the Gladbach supporters decided not to travel as they believed it would have been unfair to take tickets from regular Liverpool fans in such important matches.
I think this is a fine gesture and proves they are true football supporters and also true Liverpool fans.

This year on the 25th May it will be the 30th anniversary of the European Cup Final in Rome between Liverpool and Gladbach, and the Borussia and Liverpool supporters have organised a petition which has been presented to officials of both clubs for a 30th anniversary match to be played either in the pre-season fixtures or some time during next season.
I believe it should also be remembered that the Borussia Moenchengladbach supporters after the tragedy of Hillsborough, collected the sum of approximately DM24,000 (Deutsch Marks-approximately £8000) for the Hillsborough families, a truly remarkable gesture and that for me reveals they are really a fantastic club with superb fans.
On the 18 May this year, some members of the Liverpool Supporters Club and other Liverpool supporters will travel to spend a weekend with our friends from Borussia and see the last home match of the 2006/2007 season, Borussia Moenchengladbach versus VFL Bochum. If you wish to join us, contact me via my Email address; grahamlfc@aol.com

It is a friendship that has lasted for over 30 years,now lets hope it continues for the next 30 years.

BORUSSIA MG and LIVERPOOL FC

- true friends.

Bild
DocHoliday

Beitrag von DocHoliday » 19.04.2007 16:16

I am very happy about this "special relationship" between Liverpool and Mönchengladbach.

I am sure you will enjoy the trip.

Cheers,

DocHoliday
Inselaffe-Borussia-Fan

Beitrag von Inselaffe-Borussia-Fan » 19.04.2007 17:54

DocHoliday hat geschrieben:I am very happy about this "special relationship" between Liverpool and Mönchengladbach.
There's an even more special relationship between Swansea and Mönchengladbach :wink:
oldparish

Beitrag von oldparish » 19.04.2007 21:00

Yeah,and Maesteg(for me anyway)
liverpudlian

Beitrag von liverpudlian » 21.04.2007 00:02

edit.........sorry for any inconvenience caused :lol:
realpat

Beitrag von realpat » 21.04.2007 00:31

sorry habe das gleiche als thread geposted und es ist schon hier :oops: :D
Manolo_BMG

Beitrag von Manolo_BMG » 23.04.2007 21:17

Welcome to Borussia-Park, dear Scousers! :wink: Unfortunately you will see lots of sad fans this day... :? :(
liverpudlian

Beitrag von liverpudlian » 27.04.2007 02:05

Celtic-Boy hat geschrieben:Welcome to Borussia-Park, dear Scousers! :wink: Unfortunately you will see lots of sad fans this day... :? :(
why?? just because liverpool lost last night 1:0 to chelsea?? nah dont worry about it mate, i am sure liverpool can sort it in the return leg at anfield :wink: btw congratulation on celtic winning the premierleague in scotland, well done :P
oldparish

Beitrag von oldparish » 27.04.2007 12:15

WHY??? 'coz it will be Borussia's last game in the Bundesliga for quite a while,that's WHY.
mamapapa2

Beitrag von mamapapa2 » 09.05.2007 00:00

it'll be the last match for one year and no longer ;)

i think the fans wil rock the borussia-park because THEY alway faught for the club. our so called PROFESSIONALS should think abput their job for a while. i hope youll enjoy your trip and visit the fan house near the arena ;)
oldparish

Beitrag von oldparish » 09.05.2007 13:07

mamapapa2, I hope you are right on your first point.You're definitely right with the second the fans at the Borussia Park have been as good as the team was bad,if that makes any sense to you.They've(the players) been a disgrace to the shirt and the traditions of the club.When you think what Gladbach has given to German football for 40 years.It won't make any difference to them though 'coz most of them will scuttle off to other Buli clubs without a care in the world
SirAirWeber

Re: Liverpool Supporter goes Moenchengladbach against Bochum

Beitrag von SirAirWeber » 14.05.2007 00:40

Jonny hat geschrieben:Liverpool supporters are travelling to Moenchengladbach in Germany to spend a friendship weekend with our friends from Gladbach in Germany. We are travelling over on Friday 18 May 2007 and returning on Sunday 20 May 2007.
You know "Wayne"? :mrgreen:
Jonny
Beitrag von Jonny » 15.05.2007 17:50

Friendship (Freundschaft)

Bonhof, Stielike, Netzer
Allan Simonsen, Golden Ball
Heynckes and little Berti Vogts
Moenchengladbach legends all

Keegan, Smith and Cally
Stevie Heighway down the wing
Joey munched the ‘Gladbach
And Toshack was our King

Liverpool and Borussia
Foes in Europe, way back when
Would follow each other’s fortunes
Though they never played again

For Emlyn and for Hillsborough
And year on year they came
Die Fohlen on the Spion Kop
Friendship, the name of the game

Our Roman glory, their Roman ruins
An anniversary, now thirty years
Liverpool return to The Final
In Germany, relegation and tears

VIEL GLUCK NACHSTE SAISON. YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE.

Mark
Champions of Europe

Bild
DocHoliday

Beitrag von DocHoliday » 15.05.2007 21:58

"I count myself in nothing else so happy
As in a soul rememb'ring my good friends."

- William Shakespeare

Thank you!
Manolo_BMG

Beitrag von Manolo_BMG » 19.05.2007 01:57

I hope that all Reds fans will enjoy their day at Borussia Park. :shakehands:
DocHoliday

Beitrag von DocHoliday » 20.05.2007 12:32

Here are some pictures I took from the visit of the Liverpool supporters:

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Cheers,

DocHoliday
HerbertLaumen

Beitrag von HerbertLaumen » 20.05.2007 12:37

Nice!
GigantGohouri

Beitrag von GigantGohouri » 20.05.2007 12:42

Bild

Good luck against Milan! :daumenhoch:
LFC4ever
Thx. für das Super Wochenende ...

Beitrag von LFC4ever » 21.05.2007 21:22

Bild
Gauf Borussen!
... an Tower, Jonny & alle die es ermöglicht haben! :)
Bilder sind nun ONLINE, Bericht mache ich nächste Woche, kann mich bissel schlecht konzentrieren!!! ;)
Bild Bild Bild Bild
Ps.: BORUSSIA & DER LFC!!! 8)

@Jens T., Thx.!!! :D
Jonny
Beitrag von Jonny » 22.05.2007 20:48

Bild
30th ANNIVERSARY 30th ANNIVERSARY FRIENDSHIP VISIT
BY LIVERPOOLFC SUPPORTERS
TO MOENCHENGLADBACH, GERMANY

This weekend of Friday 18th May to Sunday 20th May 2007 Liverpool FC supporters went on a 30th Anniversary Friendship visit to Moenchengladbach, Germany.
The visit by the Liverpool supporters was to commemorate the 30th Anniversary of the 1977 European Cup final in Rome between Liverpool FC and Borussia Moenchengladbach.
The weekend was an outstanding success, the Friendship is as strong as ever and it is my opinion, the Gladbach supporters are alongside Liverpool supporters the best supporters in the world.

The trip involved a stadium tour, a meeting with Christian Ziege, ex-Liverpool player and now the current Sports director of Borussia, and taking in Gladbach's last home game of the 2006/2007 season. Before and after the match Liverpool FC supporters were in a all day party at the Borussia fan house. My thanks go to the Gladbach fan liasion officer Thomas "Tower" Weinmann and Gladbach Fan Project superfan Jonny Polcher, whose hospitality as always was second to none.
30 Liverpool supporters from Liverpool, Germany and Switzerland made the trip to Moenchengladbach which was organised by me, Graham Agg, with superb help from Pat Link and Gary Johnston. We handed out Friendship badges and a plaque with the Liverpool crest and the words emblazoned across "EINE GANZ BESONDERE FREUNDSCHAFT" which means in English "a very special friendship".
The Friendship trip was also fully embraced by Liverpool Football Club who sent me a paper plaque signed personally by Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez with the words "to Borussia Moenchengladbach supporters club".

I want to thank all Liverpool supporters who made the trip for being superb ambassadors for Liverpool Football Club and the City of Liverpool. We made many friends in Gladbach and already the wheels are turning already for making plans for our visit next year.

I and four other Liverpool supporters, Gary, Pat, Kevin and Ronald had the amazing opportunity 15 minutes before Gladbach's last home match of the 2006/2007 season to unveil a special Friendship flag we had made to convey to our German friends our feelings about the special friendship between the two clubs and the two sets of supporters. Unbelivably I also had the chance on the pitch, with a microphone in hand to say a few words in German to the 50000 Borussia supporters who were in the stadium. I conveyed to them that the friendship had lasted 30 years already and hopefully it would last another 30 years at least. I then wished them all the best for the following season after their relegation this season.

I then told them we had something to show them, and we then unveiled our specially commissioned Friendship flag, which was greeted with a massive roar and the singing of "Liverpool, Liverpool" and finally a perfect rendition of "you'll never walk alone".
It is a moment I, and all Liverpool supporters will treasure for the rest of our lives. It was simply amazing.

To see the unveiling of our flag and myself saying a few words to our fantastic Borussia friends please click on the link below:-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEunDp58Wh0

Best wishes, Graham Agg (2007 FRIENDSHIP TRIP ORGANISER)

The Friendship lives on - BORUSSIA MG and LIVERPOOL FC - A VERY SPECIAL FRIENDSHIP,
[/u]

BORUSSIA MG and LIVERPOOL FC - EINE GANZ BESONDERE FREUNDSCHAFT.

To see the unveiling of our flag and myself saying a few words to our fantastic Borussia friends please click on the link below:-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEunDp58Wh0

Bild

Bild
Antworten