Visiting Manchester

Fahnen, Gesänge, Choreos, Fahrten. Hier treffen sich die Supporter!
Gesperrt
blue punter

Visiting Manchester

Beitrag von blue punter » 15.11.2015 18:58

Hi Everyone.

I've visited Borussia Park twice. Once for the Europa League game Vs Villareal & for the Champions League game Vs Manchester CIty. Had a great time on both occassions and met lots of friendly Moenchengladbach fans.

If you are planning to travel over in December for the return game and require any information about Manchester (Bars, restaurants, shops, transport, stadium etc), feel free to ask and I will try to help.

Unfortunately I do not have any spare tickets for the game as I am taking my friends and family.

As City have already qualified, you should be able to pick tickets up from sellers outside the stadium on the day of the game.

Hope you get sorted out and have a safe and enjoyable trip to Manchester.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hallo allerseits.

Ich habe Borussia Park zweimal besucht. Sobald für die Europa League-Spiel gegen Villareal und für die Champions League-Spiel gegen Manchester City. Hatten eine tolle Zeit zu beiden Gelegenheiten und traf viele freundliche Mönchengladbach Fans.

Wenn Sie planen, mehr zu reisen im Dezember für das Rückspiel und erfordern keine Informationen über Manchester (Bars, Restaurants, Geschäfte, Transport, Stadion etc.), sich zu fragen, und ich werde versuchen zu helfen.

Leider habe ich keine Ersatz Tickets für das Spiel , wie ich unter meinen Freunden und Familie .

Als Stadt haben bereits qualifiziert , sollten Sie in der Lage, Tickets von Verkäufern abholen außerhalb des Stadions am Tag des Spiels sein .

Hoffnung erhalten Sie aussortiert und haben eine sichere und angenehme Reise nach Manchester.
Zuletzt geändert von blue punter am 16.11.2015 17:30, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
schmetzi

Re: Visiting Manchester

Beitrag von schmetzi » 16.11.2015 14:50

Hey..
great.
We will come to Mancester with 3 Schoolfriends of mine.
We are around 43 years of age and will arrive on Satturday and drive back on Wednesday.
We visited Villareal, too.
For the Moment we only visit Old Trafford for a Stadium guidance combinated with a boat tour on Sunday.
So of course we are interested in getting Information about bars and other Highlights of Manchester..
Thanks,

Olli

Oliver.schmetz@gmx.de
Bine309

Beitrag von Bine309 » 28.11.2015 05:51

Hi blue punter,
thanks for your kind offer. I think some questions of the visitors will come soon. What about the closing times of the Manchester Bars and Pubs? Is there any chance to go anywhere after the Match?

Looking forward to your answer.
Cheers Bine
blue punter

Beitrag von blue punter » 30.11.2015 13:12

Hi Bine,

Firstly the Manchester Christmas markets are very poor and very expensive in relation to the ones in Germany. Unless you are desperate to go in there, I'd avoid them completely.

A lot of the pubs will close at at around 23.00 or midnight. In and around Piccadilly there is a bar called "Yates" that stays open until 1am on Tues/Wed. Yates is 50 yards away from the metrolink station (u-bahn) "Piccadilly Gardens".
http://www.weareyates.co.uk/manchester/

Alternatively there are lots of bars in a complex called the Printworks which stay open until 2.00 am or 3.00 am. Printworks is located near the metrolink station "Shudehill".
http://www.theprintworks.com/the_place/venues/

There are also several bars and clubs on Deansgate that will probably stay open late. As it's the run up to Christmas, there may be a few bars that are booked for private parties.

A lot of these bars will have security/doormen, so it may be an idea to enter the pub in small groups of 2 or 3. Some of them may also refuse entry if you are wearing football colours.

Any other questions please ask.
frank_schleck

Beitrag von frank_schleck » 30.11.2015 13:24

Hey again blue punter,

thanks for the detailed information about Manchester's pubs, sights and Manchester itself.

So I realised you already mentioned the ticket situation - however I am still quite interested if you think there will be a free ticket purchasing to Germans on the matchday itself and moreover if you have any information on how many tickets have been sold yet.
blue punter

Beitrag von blue punter » 30.11.2015 23:22

Frank,

I doubt that MCFC will sell tickets to fans of MGB for the City sections of the ground. Anyone who wants to buy a ticket would have needed a previous purchase history.

If you are staying at a Hotel, you could perhaps ask if they are able to buy a ticket on your behalf. Failing that, I'd arrive at the stadium early and see if there are any unofficial ticket sellers.

If you buy tickets in the City end, do not buy them in the blocks next to the BMG fans. These areas are where the most lively City fans congregate

If possible, you should buy tickets in the the North Stand of the Stadium or the East & Colin Bell stands up to half way line of the North side of stadium.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/10/ ... 34x428.jpg

There have been problems with both fans of Juve & Sevilla this year at our stadium, so the security will not be happy with Germans in the home areas. Despite there never being a problem with German fans in our Stadium (Hamburg, Schalke, Dortmund & Munich x 3).

It's a real shame some of your fans may not be able to enter the stadium, as there will be empty spaces.

I know it's short notice, but perhaps your fan projekt can approach MCFC with a view to being allowed extra tickets?
BorusseSeit82

Beitrag von BorusseSeit82 » 01.12.2015 01:39

blue punter hat geschrieben:Frank,
If you buy tickets in the City end, do not buy them in the blocks next to the BMG fans. These areas are where the most lively City fans congregate
:shock:
That's the first time I hear that. Why would someone put the away fans directly next to the "hardcore" City-Supporters? This calls for trouble.
I actually bought tickets in block 214 and what I got from the other thread I am not the only one. I am trying to avoid trouble though. Any advise?
Thanks for your helpful insights!
duesseldorfer91

Beitrag von duesseldorfer91 » 01.12.2015 13:02

blue punter hat geschrieben:Frank,

I doubt that MCFC will sell tickets to fans of MGB for the City sections of the ground. Anyone who wants to buy a ticket would have needed a previous purchase history.

If you are staying at a Hotel, you could perhaps ask if they are able to buy a ticket on your behalf. Failing that, I'd arrive at the stadium early and see if there are any unofficial ticket sellers.

If possible, you should buy tickets in the the North Stand of the Stadium or the East & Colin Bell stands up to half way line of the North side of stadium.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/10/ ... 34x428.jpg

There have been problems with both fans of Juve & Sevilla this year at our stadium, so the security will not be happy with Germans in the home areas. Despite there never being a problem with German fans in our Stadium (Hamburg, Schalke, Dortmund & Munich x 3).

It's a real shame some of your fans may not be able to enter the stadium, as there will be empty spaces.

I know it's short notice, but perhaps your fan projekt can approach MCFC with a view to being allowed extra tickets?

hey blue panther,
thanks for your help and recommendations in Manchester and also about the ticket situation in general.
As i have some tickets at the South Stand close to the away sector i m not pleased to hear that there could be trouble.
Nevertheless i think if you behave and dont show or mention that you are an away supporter there shouldnt be a problem or?

One last question from my side.
How are the entrances and gates in the stadium, from TV you can see that away supporters are only separeted by yellow stewards. Is it already totally divided when you enter right after the gates are open (i guess 2-3h prior the game)?
Or "could" you walk around the south stand/ stadium in genereal and stay closer or even in the away section if you know someone?

Best regards and thanks for your help so far!
blue punter

Beitrag von blue punter » 02.12.2015 01:03

First of all, this should be a low risk game. City have already qualified, so unless the chance of being group winners appears and then disappears, I would not expect the game to played in a charged atmosphere.

All the City fans had a great time at Borussia Park and have been made welcome at all the German stadiums we have played at. So there should not be any bad feeling towards any BMG supporters.

However if you start cheering in the enclosure which contains the most vocal fans, you risk the chance of problems either with home fans, or security who will probably remove you from the stadium.

For those of you who have bought tickets in the lower level of the City end, (blocks beginning with "1"), you can walk unrestricted around the bottom level. Apart from into the MGB blocks. Those in levels "2" & "3" can only move within that particular stand. e.g 232-241. You cannot move from level 1 to level 2 & 3. You can move between levels 2 & 3.

Prior to the game, the fans are are only separated once you are through the turnstiles. However if you take the Metro (U-Bahn) to the game, there is a fan park at the stadium called "City Square". Some of the bars are for home fans only (you will be asked to show a match ticket in the MCFC end to enter), however some of the food and drink vendors as well as the main stage are open to everyone. People are usually very friendly at this point of the ground as there are usually attractions for families.

MCFC should have given BMG the whole of South Stand Level 3 (5,000 tickets) as we did with Hull tonight in the League Cup (Liga Pokal). Would have made things a lot easier.
Bine309

Beitrag von Bine309 » 07.12.2015 18:45

Hi blue punter. I shall ask you concerning cigarettes. We were told that it's forbidden to smoke in the whole Stadium area. Ok, accepted. But is it true that it's also forbidden to take Cigarettes into the Stadium? Lighters are forbidden, ok. But really also cigarettes? Do you know this?

Greets from Manchester
Bine
blue punter

Beitrag von blue punter » 08.12.2015 03:08

Bine309 hat geschrieben:Hi blue punter. I shall ask you concerning cigarettes. We were told that it's forbidden to smoke in the whole Stadium area. Ok, accepted. But is it true that it's also forbidden to take Cigarettes into the Stadium? Lighters are forbidden, ok. But really also cigarettes? Do you know this?

Greets from Manchester
Bine
Taking Cigarettes into the stadium is fine.

As a matter of interest your username "Bine" is an informal English term for Cigarettes.

Enjoy your visit to Manchester.
Bine309

Beitrag von Bine309 » 08.12.2015 10:38

Bine is my Nick. It's short for Sabine. :aniwink: Thanks fom Hilton Street.
Gesperrt