New kid on the block

Borussia all over the world!
Antworten
Murillo

New kid on the block

Beitrag von Murillo » 03.11.2015 15:14

Hi

Irishman currently living in Brussels and looking to go to live games in Germany.

As a kid of the 70s the name Borussia Moechengladbach resonates with me. When I realised how close it was to Belgium it was no-brainer

I'm heading to my first game this Saturday (home vrs Ingolstadt), staying over in D'dorf.

Any hints, tips etc on how the get the best out of my first visit to Borussia Park?

Additionally can anyone fill me in re the supporters, are the club "non-aligned" or does it have any political tradition like St Pauli and other German clubs (left-wing/ rightwing etc)

Many thanks and perhaps see some of you at future games
HerbertLaumen

Re: New kid on the block

Beitrag von HerbertLaumen » 03.11.2015 15:41

Welcome to the forum!

Before the match you may visit the Fanhaus: http://www.fanprojekt.de/images/FanHaus ... aus900.jpg
Murillo

Beitrag von Murillo » 03.11.2015 15:48

Fanhaus sounds great..

If you see two red-haired Irishmen drinking beer be sure to give us wave!
MAK

Beitrag von MAK » 03.11.2015 16:08

The club as well as its fans are completely unpolitical! We share the love to Borussia, that is what unites us and it's all that counts when we represent our club all over Germany and all over europe.
Zuletzt geändert von MAK am 04.11.2015 00:08, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Murillo

Beitrag von Murillo » 03.11.2015 18:12

Great to hear MAK, thanks!

Looking forward to it

Good luck tonight!!!
Cormac

Beitrag von Cormac » 03.11.2015 20:00

How's things over in Belgium? Dull drizzly day in Sligo today.
Glad to see irish people joining the fun zone. :winker:
Here's a link to Borussia's english language website: http://www.borussia.de/english/home.html
As MAK pointed out Borussia and her supporters are a big family without any allignment to political groups or views.
So anyone is welcome (except troublemakers) to fill into the pure joy of beeing a Borussia supporter. It is an honest club with no backing (or ownership) of major corpos, sheiks, oil or gas barons or any other sugardaddys.

Here's a few questions to you before I'll try to give you answers or hints.
What kind of transport are you using: Car or train?
Do you already have a match ticket?
Do you like a wee drink before the game? :cool:
Once in the vicinity of Borussia Park it would be a great idea to go and look out for the fanhaus as HerbertLaumen suggested, for merchandise the fohlenshop.
Looking forward to your reply, and now it's champions league time.
Borussia vs Juventus.
Good luck.
Murillo

Beitrag von Murillo » 04.11.2015 11:00

Unlucky not to close out the win last night, although when an Italian side goes down to 10 men they tend to park the bus and are very difficult to breakdown, unfortunate as a win would have really thrown Borussia a lifeline. No shame in drawing against Juve.. so heads can be held high.

Hi, tickets bought and in hand(block 8 ).

Driving to D'dorf, dumping car at cheap hotel and taking the train out to M'Gladbach (free rail travel with match tix I undertstand)

As we are staying over in D'Dorf for the Saturday night we'll defo be having one or two beverages!

Fanhaus sounds like a good spot for a pre match bevvie

Hope to get out to the ground by around 1.30pm

Very happy to know the club are apolitical, not a fan of mixing sports and politics, even happier to know the club is not the plaything of some oligarch. Germany appears to the only country holding on the principal of football for the masses.

Borussia Mönchengladbach Abú!
Cormac

Beitrag von Cormac » 04.11.2015 14:43

Cormac hat geschrieben:Borussia Mönchengladbach Abú!
Wise choice. :daumenhoch:
Feeling proud today, team and fans have given their all, so what more can you expect. Could've won it, but also been down and out just after the break when Juve was pushing hard. So all in all I'm pretty happy that we're still in with a chance for the EL.
Cormac hat geschrieben:(free rail travel with match tix I undertstand)
Yep, rail and busses (and trams in Düsseldorf)
Here is a link to a number of options you have on saturday next,
http://i.imgur.com/WoNimzi.jpg http://www.vrr.de/en/index.html

My suggestion you take the train to Rheydt HBF (central station), take a left @ exit and have a pint @ Töff Töff or further down @ The Pógs irish pub (don't expect to meet any irish people there)

Rheydt Hbf vicinity:
http://i.imgur.com/tiTXIOU.jpg
Busses will take you out to Borussia Park from there, and back, of course.

Hope that helps a little, have a great day out.

Borussia, táimid dóchasach go mbeidh an bua againn.
HerbertLaumen

Beitrag von HerbertLaumen » 04.11.2015 15:06

Murillo hat geschrieben:Germany appears to the only country holding on the principal of football for the masses.
Unfortunately there are already clubs officially owned by companies (VfL Wolfsburg/VW, Bayer Leverkusen and "Rasenballsport" Leipzig/Red Bull) plus one club owned by SAP-Billionaire Dietmar Hopp (1899 Hoffenheim). More to come, I suspect.
Murillo

Beitrag von Murillo » 09.11.2015 09:24

Reflections on my first visit

Great fans!, Great Stadium (although I'm still not a great fan of out town grounds, long queue for buses back to train stations etc)

The noise levels and atmosphere was excellent, fans super friendly and welcoming, good beer and food in the stadium too.

The match was fascinating, M'Gladbach appeared to suffering from the classic post Champions League hang-over and were lucky not to concede a goal in the first half, if Ingolstadt had any decent strikers it would have been a difference story, Ingolstadt played a high pressure game, running hard and closing down Gladbach in every corner of the pitch.

I really admire the football philosophy of Borussia M'Glahbach, they play the ball on the ground and never simply bog it up the pitch.. although their dedication to the beautiful game sometimes got them into trouble close to their own goal.

Home side improved greatly in the second half with Traore and Andreas Christensen looking especially good on the ball. Fabian Johnson appeared to having one of those days when nothing went right for him. Xhaka was unfortunate to get sent off but his attitude didn't help him, while already on a yellow he was asking for trouble throwing himself into collisions and mouthing off to the admittedly poor referee.

Shame on Ingolstadt for their cynical play acting the 2nd half, time wasting, over dramatising the slightest knock and generally disappointing.

All in all a good day out and I really look forward to arranging another visit this season.

Thanks again for making an Irishman feel so welcome.
HerbertLaumen

Beitrag von HerbertLaumen » 09.11.2015 10:08

Great :daumenhoch:
Cormac

Beitrag von Cormac » 09.11.2015 15:02

Murillo hat geschrieben:Reflections on my first visit
Glad you liked it, and many thanks for the feedback and correct analysis of the match.
All I can say is, you'll be welcome back anytime and don't forget to spread the word amongst fellow islanders. :kopfball:
oldparish

Beitrag von oldparish » 10.11.2015 08:32

So,Cormac,your personal recruitment drive in the "Emerald Isle"is starting to bear fruit :daumenhoch: At this rate we may have to change our name to VfL Borussia O'Mönchengladbach e.V.1900.Seriously though Murillo glad you enjoyed it at the Park and next time you get to see a few goals.Just a personal thought I think it's a special place(not the Bökelberg but still special).Borussia seem to be one of the few clubs that have not lost too much by moving.I think the Ingolstadt game was always going to be difficult for us when you think about our injuries,games midweek and the way die Schanzer play.As Cormac says,welcome to our happy band and remember "Einmal Borusse,immer Borusse".By the way,I believe Ingolstadt are to a certain extent,backed by Audi.And if I may add a little more Celtic flavour to this "croeso Cynnes iawn I'r teulu Borussia"
HerbertLaumen

Beitrag von HerbertLaumen » 10.11.2015 09:21

oldparish hat geschrieben:At this rate we may have to change our name to VfL Borussia O'Mönchengladbach e.V.1900.
:mrgreen: :lol:
oldparish

Beitrag von oldparish » 10.11.2015 19:31

Going off on a bit of a tangent here after reading murillo's mention of Andreas Christensen.Any chance we can do a Hazard and sign him permanently.Kind of sneakily whip him away from Chelsea while they are in a bit of turmoil?Sieze the day Herr Eberl,Sieze the day :daumenhoch:
Murillo

Beitrag von Murillo » 11.11.2015 17:18

Andreas Christensen is a very classy footballer, always appears to have time on the ball, he'd be a great signing.

Regarding Hazard, he appears to be behind Traore in the pecking order which is unfortunate.. hard to impress when you are only on the pitch for 10 minutes.

It would be great if they could figure a teamsheet that could accommodate both Traore and Hazard..
Antworten