1st post.

Borussia all over the world!
Antworten
blue punter

1st post.

Beitrag von blue punter » 08.09.2014 19:00

Hello,

My friend and I are planning to watch the Borussia v VIllareal Europa League game on Thursday 18 September.

We are staying in Düsseldorf and I have a few questions:-

1. What is the latest time we need to arrive at Monchengladbach HBF in order to catch the shuttle bus to the stadium?

2. How much do the match tickets cost and do we need to purchase these in advance?

3. Do the match tickets allow free travel on the train to the stadium from Düsseldorf?

4. My friend is visually impaired (UK registered blind). Are there any reductions in the price of tickets?

Many Thanks,

Lee.

------------------------------------------------------------------

hallo,

Mein Freund und ich planen, die Borussia v Villareal Europa League-Spiel am Donnerstag, 18. September zu sehen.

Wir sind in Düsseldorf zu bleiben, und ich habe ein paar Fragen: -

1. Was ist die neueste Zeit, die wir brauchen, um in Mönchengladbach HBF, um den Shuttle-Bus zum Stadion zu fangen kommen?

2. Wie hoch sind die Kosten und die Eintrittskarten müssen wir diese im Voraus kaufen?

3. Führen Sie die Eintrittskarten ermöglichen freie Fahrt auf dem Zug zum Stadion von Düsseldorf?

4. Mein Freund ist Sehbehinderte (UK registriert blind). Gibt es Ermäßigungen im Preis der Karten?

Vielen Dank,

Lee.
Cormac

Re: 1st post.

Beitrag von Cormac » 09.09.2014 23:38

Hi Lee, how are you?
Welcome to the Borussia forum.
Great to have you onboard.
Let's see if I can help you:
1. The match is scheduled to start @ 7pm local time, I would suggest to be @ MG HBF by half past five the very latest, better give it an extra 30 min.
2. / 3. You should get the tickets before you travel. Depending on which tickets you want the prices start @ 27.50€ (all seated) The tickets will cover the whole Rhein/Ruhr area on train and bus services, so ok between Düsseldorf and Mönchengladbach. That's one reason that you should buy your tickets in advance, the other one beeing a sold out Borussiapark :daumenhoch:
You can purchase them online, here https://www.borussia-ticketing.de/login.aspx?reg=true, but you have to register first (german only) :roll:
4. Borussia is providing some seats for the visually impaired in Block 24/west.
Price per ticket is 8.50€ for the both of you. Headphones with german! commentary are available.
To optain send an email to handicap@borussia.de and ask if they have some tickets left, but you'd better hurry.
Good luck and I hope you'll have a pleasant stay @ Borussiapark.
blue punter

Beitrag von blue punter » 10.09.2014 22:19

Many thanks for your detailed reply, Cormac.

We arrive in Düsseldorf around 16.40. We need to check in to our hotel, which is five minutes walk from the Hbf.

Realistically we're hoping to catch the train at 17.22, to arrive in MGB at 17.48. Will there still be shuttle buses running at this time?

I have registered through the ticket link you provided, but it's not showing any tickets for Villareal, just Bundesliga games. Perhaps they will be shown when the tickets go on general sale?

I have also emailed handicap@borussia.de for further information.

In terms of the tickets, do they have a print at home service or can I get them delivered to a German address, such as the hotel in Düsseldorf?

We fly out to Munich on Wednesday morning, so the tickets will need to be in the UK by Tuesday, which may not be possible.

Once again many thanks for your help.
Lee.
Cormac

Beitrag von Cormac » 11.09.2014 01:07

Jeez, you're leaving it very late. :mrgreen:
to be honest with you I don't know for sure if there are still Shuttle buses going, but I'd guess so. It doesn't really say on Borussia's website. But there is also a regular bus service available (No.17) towards the front entrance (Europaplatz). Btw. Shuttle buses depart @ the rear end of the station (Platz der Republik).
Hauptbahnhof / Europaplatz

Auch vom Stadtzentrum Mönchengladbach (Haltestelle Europaplatz / Hauptbahnhof) setzt NEW viele Einsatzbusse der Linie 017 ein, um die Fußballfans schnell und unkompliziert zum BORUSSIA-PARK zu bringen.

Ab dem Platz der Republik (Rückseite Hauptbahnhof) fahren die NEW-Shuttlebusse zum Stadion (Fahrtdauer ca. 15 Minuten) ab drei Stunden vor dem Anpfiff im Fünf-Minuten-Takt und bis zirka zwei Stunden nach Spielende.
blue punter hat geschrieben: I have registered through the ticket link you provided, but it's not showing any tickets for Villareal, just Bundesliga games. Perhaps they will be shown when the tickets go on general sale?
You have to login first. Did you check your email inbox?
Without logging in I also get only the Bundesliga games, but after I login the Villareal match comes up.
blue punter hat geschrieben: In terms of the tickets, do they have a print at home service or can I get them delivered to a German address, such as the hotel in Düsseldorf?

We fly out to Munich on Wednesday morning, so the tickets will need to be in the UK by Tuesday, which may not be possible.
No such service as far as I know. You need the original tickets from the shop.
And again I don't think that they will send the tickets to any address other than your own. Maybe you could collect them @ the stadium/fanshop, but no idea if this option exists.

Sorry, but it's all a bit short-dated. I personally wouldn't trust neither the Deutsche Post nor the Royal mail too much. Your best bet sure are the handycapped seats.
Best of luck from sunny Ireland. :winker2:
Mick
blue punter

Beitrag von blue punter » 18.09.2014 12:00

Just a quick message to thank you for your help. On our way up to Düsseldorf from Munich on the ICE. Managed to get two tickets which we pick up from the Stadium before the match.

Really looking forward to the game and visiting the stadium.

Any ideas of any places to go for a drink beforehand?

Thanks again.
Cormac

Beitrag von Cormac » 18.09.2014 12:23

blue punter hat geschrieben: Managed to get two tickets which we pick up from the Stadium before the match.
Thanks again.
Well done, very happy for you.
Any ideas of any places to go for a drink beforehand?
I let someone else answer that.
Was more used to the old Bökelberg stadium and it's surroundings.
Nowadays I take my pushbike and 8mins later I'm inside the Borussiapark, where I have a beer or two.

I wish us all a great night of football, and a win, of course. :dieseelebrennt:

Btw. it just started drizzling a wee bit.
blue punter

Beitrag von blue punter » 18.09.2014 12:53

No worries, we're from Manchester so are used to a bit of drizzle...

Left Nurnberg about 45mins ago and it's still blue skies.

Can't complain about the weather on the trip. Roasting in Munich yesterday. Went to the Allainz in shorts last night.

Enjoy the game.
oldparish

Beitrag von oldparish » 18.09.2014 13:34

Well,after all that hullabaloo really hope you two have a blast tonight. Last time I was at the Borussia Park (May v Mainz)one of the stewards was from Manchester. Ex-squadie married a local fräulein and stayed speaks perfect German and English :mrgreen: he works in different places at the stadium so maybe you will bump into him.
blue punter

Beitrag von blue punter » 19.09.2014 03:31

Bit of drizzle, famous last words...

Had a great time. Been to lots of stadiums in UK, Germany & Europe and Borussiapark is right up with them. It holds 50,000+ but still feels remarkably intimate.

Crowd were magnificent right until the final whistle. People sat around us were really friendly. Game was very open, I was impressed enough by both teams to have a few quid on Mgb at 40/1 and Villareal at 25/1 to win the competition. Not sure why the ref overruled the linesman for the handball shout.

Ticket collection & shuttle buses from Hbf were remarkably efficient. Met a few Arsenal fans on the bus back to Mgb who've been over since Dortmund on Tuesday. Hada few beers with them in Mgb and back in Düsseldorf.

All in all a superb evening. Will definitely be over with friends for another game soon.

Thanks again for your assistance and good luck with Koln at weekend and for the rest of the season.
Cormac

Beitrag von Cormac » 19.09.2014 14:02

Good to hear you didn't drown last night, that all worked out fine and you enjoyed it. See us back @ Borussiapark. (And spread the word :animrgreen: )
Get home safe.
Antworten