Back to the old routine.

Borussia all over the world!
Cormac

Back to the old routine.

Beitrag von Cormac » 22.10.2013 17:36

It is really sad. All was set up for the 'topspiel'. A huge Borussia support, a team, that was just after beating Dortmund. And the start looked promising.
But then we fell back to old habbits, too nervous and timid, at some stage even pusillanimous. :wut2:
Why?
It was unsatisfactory, and really p!ssed me off. No urgency, no balls. Creativity, not existent.
Baffled. :x:
oldparish

Re: Back to the old routine.

Beitrag von oldparish » 01.11.2013 09:39

Watched that Hertha game on tv over here and I agree, especially the second half. Poor goal to give away and then we seemed to lose all conviction. BUT, I was at the Borussia Park on Sunday and we looked more like what we are, a very good attacking team. Even with a patched up defence Eintracht didn't really put us under a lot of pressure. Granit, Tony and Julian Korb were very good and Rooooooel was just what he always is. Pity about the injury. Our away form is a bit worrying but Saturday would be great to get back on track.Raphael Honigstein said after Sunday that Borussia are easily capable of 4th place, but they must perform away from the Borussia Park. He's totally right, let's go to it boys. STARTING SATURDAY.
HerbertLaumen

Beitrag von HerbertLaumen » 01.11.2013 09:53

Let's start a new routine: away monsters :cool:
oldparish

Beitrag von oldparish » 01.11.2013 11:39

Auswaerts sieg! It will send a message to the rest of the Bundesliga we can win away from the Borussia Park and are serious contenders for fourth place. If we can do that it will make it easier for Max Eberl and Lucien Favre to recruit for next season
Cormac

Beitrag von Cormac » 04.11.2013 14:22

HerbertLaumen hat geschrieben:Let's start a new routine: away monsters :cool:
Ok, done. :animrgreen:

Really liked this one.
For once we rewarded ourselves away from home. Smartly outplayed Hamburg, and had the needed luck on our side.
Now an even greater task lies ahead of us. The FCN game will be a mental thing. We have the better team, we know it, they know it.
Hope Borussia can get 3 points out of it and reinforce 4th place. :daumenhoch:
HerbertLaumen

Beitrag von HerbertLaumen » 04.11.2013 14:59

Told ya :mrgreen:
oldparish

Beitrag von oldparish » 04.11.2013 16:46

After last Saturday their confidence must be rock bottom (Nuernberg). If we score first and early I think it will be comfortable. As we all know when we were struggling we were alright until we conceded then heads dropped. Having said that we can't be too over confident, look at Leverkusen at Braunschweig :o Also on urrent form I think our main contenders for fourth place is Wolfsburg. Not having seen all the game can someone tell me how Julian Korb played on Saturday.Saw him against Eintracht and he looked (already) like a Bundesliga player. And another gem off the Borussia conveyor belt :daumenhoch:
Cormac

Beitrag von Cormac » 05.11.2013 01:19

Julian played well, very stabil at the back. Because it was an away game Julian didn't have that much opportunities to go forward. But that's ok.
On Nürnberg, yes, that's what I mean. It can't get any worse for them. Therefore they mightn't be such a pushover as many people think.
Wolfsburg or Schalksky, I guess. VW or Gasmafia, they can always top up during the winter break. :wut:
Next saturdays game will be a late one, that'll mean BT sports coverage, am I right? :animrgreen:
oldparish

Beitrag von oldparish » 05.11.2013 16:16

Oh yes indeed. Clashes with Wales v South Africa(you'll know what I mean, Cormac). Thank the Lord for Sky+. Probably record them both and watch them later depending on the result(s).If it's bad I'll delete it. If it's really bad I'll delete them both :wink: Here's hoping for a Wales, Gladbach double :daumenhoch:
Cormac

Beitrag von Cormac » 05.11.2013 22:59

Will watch the Borussia match live, then Ireland, then Wales, then Toronto Maple Leafes.
Saturday night fever for me. :mrgreen:

Will start the day with Celtic.
oldparish

Beitrag von oldparish » 06.11.2013 07:44

The Leafs, eh. You've got Premiere then? It's the Sabres for me. I lived in Toronto for 2 years a long time ago and only managed to get tickets twice! That was at the Maple Leaf Gardens. You s hockey fan? Or sport in general. Hope Ireland win, we Celts must stick together
Cormac

Beitrag von Cormac » 06.11.2013 15:32

Sabres, you must be suffering a lot this season, nice win last night, though.
http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/consol ... highlights
Best way to see the Leafs live is to take the car and go to Ottawa. :aniwink:
That's what I do when abroad.
Canadian hockey fan, big time. Don't care too much about the 'spams' :animrgreen2:
And, of course, up Wales, up Scotland, up Ireland, as we say in the wesht of Oireland.

Sorry for drifting way off topic here. :oops:
oldparish

Beitrag von oldparish » 07.11.2013 16:37

Being as we have drifted off topic and it looks like we've alienated all the German Borussia fans on this thread. I noticed ages ago that you live in the West of Ireland (Atlantic coast).How strong is the old language over there? Just asking as an English monoglot speaker who is still desperate for my old language to survive. My two nieces went/go to Welsh medium school and it is on the up in that respect but I can't get the buggers to use it as a first language! Sorry Germans.
HerbertLaumen

Beitrag von HerbertLaumen » 07.11.2013 16:58

No problem ;) Generates traffic :D
oldparish

Beitrag von oldparish » 07.11.2013 20:01

Thanks for your tolerance Herbert. But, to get back on track here, just noticed that "der Club" have drawn their last THREE away games and scored a few goals as well. :shock: Better beware!
Cormac

Beitrag von Cormac » 08.11.2013 21:08

HerbertLaumen hat geschrieben:Generates traffic
Not quite enough, I'm afraid. :)

Back to --->>> off topic.
It's about the same here, pupils still have to learn Irish, so the basics are there, but except from the Gaeltacht areas, most of them along the atlantic coastline, and heavily subsidised for that, nobody speaks irish.
There was a time over 30 years ago, when it was difficult to find english speaking folk in the gaeltacht, now it's almost the other way round.
Young people don't see the point in using irish, and who can blame them.
It's a global society now, and this society use the english/american language. :?:
I meself used to watch S4C a lot for their rugby coverage, but nowadays more BBC Alba and TG4 for football matches, and music.

Hwyl am nawr.
Pob lwc. :daumenhoch:
oldparish

Beitrag von oldparish » 09.11.2013 12:14

Diolch yn fawr iawn, Cormac. My eldest niece was mightily impressed. Where did you pick that up? S4C or yn yr Gogledd? Looking at the fixtures today we could, COULD open up a little gap if we can win . As you know, Borussia never make it easy for us fans, we never win when we are expected to. Here's hoping, anyhow
oldparish

Beitrag von oldparish » 10.11.2013 13:04

Well, that was hard work. Juan, great, great goal but God you need to do more when we don't have the ball. I've never seen a professional player look so disinterested unless it's Dimitar Berbatov!
Cormac

Beitrag von Cormac » 11.11.2013 15:55

Hard work, indeed.
Must say I felt a little sympathy for FCN.
But in the end Borussia looked stronger, and calmer as well.
Aluminium helped us out near the end, but as Uli Hoeness once truely stated: One can constrain luck.
And if we're furthermore able to win these kind of games, well, it'll be 'Europapokal' again @ the Borussiapark.

btw. Really liked watching first half of the Wales match. Pretty exiting stuff.
reg. welch:
If I had picked it up north wouldn't it be 'Hwyl am rwan' then? :)
oldparish

Beitrag von oldparish » 12.11.2013 15:28

Absolutely correct on so many points, Cormac. "Rwan" is of course "Nawr" backwards! Says more about them than us, dontcha think? :animrgreen: Anyway, three wins on the bounce and now we have to stop for some friendlies and WM qualis :nein: I don't think Nuernberg looked like a bottom 3 team and I don't think they'll be there at the end of the season either. Anybody got their three for the drop(or two plus the relegation play-off team)
Antworten