Telekom cup

Borussia all over the world!
Antworten
oldparish

Telekom cup

Beitrag von oldparish » 22.07.2013 10:15

Some things were quite encouraging some things were a little worrying. First I think even in the Bayern game we kept our shape which will serve us well against "lesser" teams and moved the ball better than last year. Nordveidt proved he can play in the back four, and I would start the season with Cramer and Marx as our defensive midfielders. Worst of all we created chances but couldn't finish. Hopefully Max Kruse (or "cruise" as the ESPN commentator kept repeating) will remedy that. Also why do we try and play in our own penalty area?If it means "lumping" (as we say here) the ball up field when we are under pressure then let's do it. Give ourselves a little breathing space. How often, especially against FCB did we give the ball away around our box trying to play it out?!Dahoud looks promising and Amin Younes is producing some really good football. Xhaka gives the ball away too often and, sorry , I can't see what de Jong brings to our game! Having said all that I think we vwill do at least as well as last year and hopefully a little better. :bmg: :bmg: And, this I know,(sorry Cormac) we will beat Celtic next Saturday.After all didn't they lose to Union ?
Cormac

Re: Telekom cup

Beitrag von Cormac » 22.07.2013 15:48

oldparish hat geschrieben:And, this I know,(sorry Cormac) we will beat Celtic next Saturday.After all didn't they lose to Union ?
Not too worry Godfrey, I'd love to see Borussia win and take off to a flying start into cup and league.
But if they loose, well, it could be a different story. Football is a mindgame.
Look at Xhaka and de Jong, they are both exellent players in my humble opinion, but it seems they can't get their act together in most matches all due to lack of confidence.
oldparish hat geschrieben:Nordveidt proved he can play in the back four
Have to disagree, I didn't see him playing well under pressure. He was caught ball watching before Thiago's 3:0, played a couple of sloppy passes. Not that the other defenders played any better. :roll:
oldparish hat geschrieben:Also why do we try and play in our own penalty area?If it means "lumping" (as we say here) the ball up field when we are under pressure then let's do it. Give ourselves a little breathing space. How often, especially against FCB did we give the ball away around our box trying to play it out?
Good point.
T'was dreadful, and once or twice I wasn't able to stand by and watch it and headed out.
But it was a friendly after all, let's keep our fingers crossed that they're not behaving as naive as that anymore, and that Borussia will get a result in München.
oldparish hat geschrieben:Dahoud looks promising and Amin Younes is producing some really good football.
Spot on.
Give them some time, and we'll be happy to have them. :D (For some time)

There'll be live coverage on http://www.celticfc.tv/ on saturday
So, go and find an irish bar that has ctv, enjoy a pint and the match.
oldparish

Beitrag von oldparish » 23.07.2013 15:23

Cormac, just wondering if you think we could have made an effort for Lasse Sobiech? If you don't rate Havard in the back four and with Stranzl and the super Roel Brouwers knocking on a bit it could have been an investment long term with Alvaro :bmg: :bmg:
oldparish

Beitrag von oldparish » 23.07.2013 15:24

And, have fun in Glasgow on Saturday :bmg: :bmg:
Antworten