Bye bye EuroLeague!

Borussia all over the world!
Antworten
Tomka

Bye bye EuroLeague!

Beitrag von Tomka » 21.02.2013 21:21

On aggregate we lost 5:3 against Lazio. The second leg was a bit disappointing, especially the attitude of our player. It seems that they were angry about something. Lazio was completely superior, without having big chances. They scored two goals cause of individual errors made by our players. I don´t want to blame Lucien Favre cause I´m totally confident that he is one of the best coaches which ever have been in Mönchengladbach.

Right now the team isn´t in best condition. A huge amount of bad passes and wrong decisions regarding offensive actions are actually significant for the bad behaviour of the team. Personally, I´don´t believe in Luuk de Jong. He isn´t the right player at the moment. He needs more input from outside - no cross, no goal.
oldparish

Re: Bye bye EuroLeague!

Beitrag von oldparish » 22.02.2013 11:38

I think you are right about Luuk de Jong, Tomka.He doesn't fit into the way we play(or played last season).I think the way ahead lies with players like Jantschke,Herrmann and Younes(especially Younes who looks like the next Marin or Reus off the conveyor belt).I wouldn't criticize M.Favre either because he's done a great job for us.But when three important players leave in one summer it was always going to be a difficult season this year.I'm not disapponted so far and , to be honest I'm a little bit glad we are out of the Europa League.There are so many things wrong with it.Nice adventure for all the BRILLIANT Gladbach fans especially last night when around half the crowd supported our team.Very proud of you all :anbet: and I think Max Eberl summed it up on the homepage.Finally I would like to know if young Kevin Holzweiler is still making the progress everybody thinks he can make with U23's :bmg: :bmg:
oldparish

Re: Bye bye EuroLeague!

Beitrag von oldparish » 22.02.2013 11:43

One other thing,I wouldn't be too harsh on Dominguez.He seems to be the best player of the three replacements we bought in the summer.And as for Marc Andre ter Stegen(and Goalkeepers in general in Europe),we have a saying here and that is"if you can get two hands to the ball then you can catch it".Maybe "Tezza" will try that next time. :bmg:
Antworten