Borussia all over the world!
DocHoliday

It's official

Beitrag von DocHoliday » 22.11.2007 10:50

Bild
:wink:
oldparish

Beitrag von oldparish » 22.11.2007 14:00

Oh dear,how sad,never mind :lol: Thank you Croatia you have saved Wales Scotland and Ireland the uncomfortable experience of (once again)of being told over and over about how great England are how they are going to win everything in sight by the fundamentally English media.Denis Law summed it up when he was asked ,one year,who he thought would win the world cup.He replied that he didn't really know but whoever was in the final after fifteen minutes the commentator would still be talking about "Engerland".I and everybody I know are "chuffed to bits" that they've had ther arses kicked out of Euro 2008.The relief is immense like the first Monday after Wimbledon has finished and Christmas night when it's as far away as ever and you've got the Boxing day sport to look forward to.
GigantGohouri

Beitrag von GigantGohouri » 22.11.2007 15:39

Thanks Mr. McClaren, thanks Scott Carson! :roll: :twisted:
Inselaffe-Borussia-Fan

Beitrag von Inselaffe-Borussia-Fan » 22.11.2007 19:31

Apparently he's interested in the England job

Bild

klinsi's coming home!!
Inselaffe-Borussia-Fan

Beitrag von Inselaffe-Borussia-Fan » 22.11.2007 19:34

oldparish hat geschrieben:I and everybody I know are "chuffed to bits" that they've had ther arses kicked out of Euro 2008..
Sorry OP, I have to disagree. Each major tournament is made interesting when England qualify, it's bloody boring otherwise. But, they were absolutely shite last night!

What's hilarious is when the Scots mess up in the last minute :lol: And then mention "cheating". 1977. 1985. What goes around eh!?
Tom68
Beitrag von Tom68 » 22.11.2007 23:12

England can thank all russian investors who bring the money into the league and now the Russians will play for England the Euro 2008, i think this was planned so long time ago :wink:
oldparish

Beitrag von oldparish » 23.11.2007 14:07

"Grinsmann" can go to manage Engerland if they want him.Everybody that has seen "Deutschland,ein Sommermaerchen" knows who the brains behind Germany's third place was.His initials are J. L.
Ins ,old pal,you must know how desparately disturbing it is to "live next door" to the English when anything like a World cup or Euro championships are going on.Completely over the top xenophobia,nobody is as good as them,"there always be an Engerland"etc,etc.That's why I say thanks Croatia you saved us from all that next year.It can never be boring when you've got teams like Germany, Spain,Holland(or should I say the Netherlands),France and yes, Croatia.In my humble opinion England would have been the most boring team at Euro 2008 with their long ball up to Crouch and hope for any knock downs,or long balls over the top for "one trick pony"Owen to try and latch on to, attitiude.Nah,I'm glad they're out. :lol:
GigantGohouri

Beitrag von GigantGohouri » 26.11.2007 20:40

I want José 8)
DocHoliday

Beitrag von DocHoliday » 27.11.2007 05:26

Yeah, throw money down the drain. :)
ULTRA
Beitrag von ULTRA » 27.11.2007 14:32

WE PLAY AGAIN AGAINST ENGALND

i expect 2 hard matches for croatia.
oldparish

Beitrag von oldparish » 27.11.2007 19:59

Yep,and two wins(hopefully).Put them in their place again.They've got nobody to play against this summer so they are scrubbing around trying to get the "Home Internationals"resurrected(for those of you that don't know ,that's Wales,Scotland,England ,"Norn Iron"and with the Republic chucked in,who all play each other).Failing that they were almost begging Scotland to give them a game when the two countries delegations met in South Africa for the World Cup draw.The bare faced arrogance of the English FA never ceases to amaze me.Before they didn't qualify we weren't good enough for them,now.... :x
DocHoliday

Beitrag von DocHoliday » 08.12.2007 06:52

Well then, who is going to manage England?
oldparish

Beitrag von oldparish » 08.12.2007 14:29

Dave Bassett :lol:
DocHoliday

Beitrag von DocHoliday » 08.12.2007 17:03

Yes, pleeease.... :lol:

"You have got to miss them to score sometimes"

"It's been two ends of the same coin"

"We are now entering a new Millennium and football's a completely different cup of tea"

"Okon was booked for tackling Hamann's tackle"

"Obviously for Scunthorpe it would be a nice scalp to put Wimbledon on their bottoms"

"And I honestly believe we can go all the way to Wembley unless somebody knocks us out"

"It would be foolish to believe that automatic promotion is automatic in any way whatsoever"

:arrow: Dave Bassett Quotes:
oldparish

Beitrag von oldparish » 09.12.2007 19:39

Brilliant quotes.I just thought his approach would suit England's style of play.Hump it up to the front players as quick as you can or over the top for Owen to chase.
Jimbo Johnnie

Beitrag von Jimbo Johnnie » 14.12.2007 20:15

it's oficial. Since yesterday Capello is England's new team manager. I would be interested in hearing some opinions from the UK about this decision.

Ok then, I gotta take a crap now. See you later!
berti mac

Beitrag von berti mac » 16.12.2007 12:45

hope you enjoyed your crap, jimbo :?

i have no particular problem about capello, i hear that he is a tough guy to work for which might upset some of the big stars. that would be a good thing if it can make the stars play as a team. but he will find that he has quite a small pool to work with and if he upsets wayne rooney/steven gerrard/john terry etc then he will be picking some pretty weak players, which won't go down well with the english press.
i'm sad that we cannot pick an english coach because none will "command the respect" of the dressing room.
unfortunately no english coaches can get the big jobs in english football because they are all taken by foreigners whoc coach teams of foreign players. ho hhum

after england lost to croatia, and mclaren was sacked, we were told there would be a root and branch reform in english football. but i am afraid that we are now only repeating the same mistakes we have made many times. so we give the job to a foreigner who has won plenty of cups before and he will bring some midas touch to the england team. i doubt it.

we have a very strong league, some good players, a whole lot of money, a great love of football. but our national team fails again and again.
why is this?
even countries like denmark, greece and france (no disrespect to them) have won trophies while all we have to show is 1966. (and by the way, the ball was OVER the line, ok?)
surely it is not just a case to change the coach? there is certainly something more than this. is it the standard of coaching? or the structure of the game? or are the real problems what we think of as our strengths (the wealth, the hype, the premiership)?
if we think taking on a exotic foreigner can transform all our failures, then we are deluding ourselves. but somehow that seems easier than tackling the deeper problems that exist
oldparish

Beitrag von oldparish » 16.12.2007 14:10

Lot of sense there berti.Have you seen the Observer today.It's not only worrying for England and English fans, it's even more worrying if you are Welsh,like me.There are more Republic players in the Premier league than Welsh.I also think the English football fans are easily seduced by the media.English players are ok when surrounded by foreign players but when they have to stand alone eg Croatia they aren't as good as you are told they are.I also don't think Capello will change anything.He'll be with the players half a dozen or so times a year.Wales have some really young talent developing at the moment(witness the recent win over France at u21 ) the question is where will they go?
DocHoliday

Beitrag von DocHoliday » 16.12.2007 18:52

My gut instinct says that 2010 will be the last FIFA World Cup. So don't worry too much.
DocHoliday

Beitrag von DocHoliday » 17.12.2007 13:56

Bild
Former Tottenham player Christian Ziege, who also played for Capello at Milan, echoed Leonardo's view.

"Despite England's failure to reach Euro 2008, I still think they have some of the best players in the world," the German said.

"Capello has the ability to make teams better. He can make sure the big players have the right attitude and that will be a huge boost for the England team.

"England already had the players, and now the new manager is there I think there is a good chance England can be successful."

:arrow: Capello 'can win England a title'
Antworten