Last night's game

Borussia all over the world!
Antworten
Inselaffe-Borussia-Fan

Last night's game

Beitrag von Inselaffe-Borussia-Fan » 23.10.2007 12:34

First half - one of the worst I've ever seen! Neither side threatened anything!

Second half - Much, much better, great to see, apart from two soft goals we gave away. We really should have won, some wasted chances from Marin and Neuville (square it to Friend FFS!!!).

BTW, lots of Koeln fans everywhere in the ground, was there any trouble?
oldparish

Beitrag von oldparish » 23.10.2007 15:55

Could hardly believe it was a derby in the first half.The way we defend sometimes makes me worry about or ability to go straight back up.Like you say Ins,two soft goals.Their second came from a terrible free kick from Ndjeng.Marko Marin is one hell of a player and gets people up off their seats every time he has the ball but he does need to play with his head up and be aware of what's around him.It was disappointing to only get a point but remember that when we go to the Mungersdorfer(it'll always be the Mungersdorfer to me)Patrik Helmes will probably have left for the "Werkself" at Lederhosen.One other thing,can someone confirm this for me .I seem to remember that what happened to Cologne last night happened in reverse the last time we played them in the zweiteliga.That is, we went to Cologne drew 2-2 and had a player sent off .Or is my mind playing tricks!
DocHoliday

Re: Last night's game

Beitrag von DocHoliday » 23.10.2007 15:58

Inselaffe-Borussia-Fan hat geschrieben: BTW, lots of Koeln fans everywhere in the ground, was there any trouble?
No, everything was peaceful. The only "disturbance" was the little bonfire in the stands of the FC Cologne fans right at the beginning of the game.
DocHoliday

Beitrag von DocHoliday » 23.10.2007 16:02

oldparish hat geschrieben:Marko Marin is one hell of a player and gets people up off their seats every time he has the ball but he does need to play with his head up and be aware of what's around him.
You are absolutely right. He must learn to pass more precisely at the exact moment.
Inselaffe-Borussia-Fan

Beitrag von Inselaffe-Borussia-Fan » 23.10.2007 18:06

DocHoliday hat geschrieben: You are absolutely right. He must learn to pass more precisely at the exact moment.
Indeed, a squared pass 2 metres across to let in a fellow player for a goal is sometimes as spectacular as a 30 metre chip for a goal. Just after we had equalised there was one glorious chance when he should have squared it to Friend.

But if he can "mature" a bit, then he will be one *hell* of a player......... and we'll probably sell him to FC Hollywood.
Inselaffe-Borussia-Fan

Beitrag von Inselaffe-Borussia-Fan » 23.10.2007 18:08

DocHoliday hat geschrieben: The only "disturbance" was the little bonfire in the stands of the FC Cologne fans right at the beginning of the game.
Was it that cold then? :wink:

Seriously though, it's good to see in this day and age that fans can mix in a stadium without trouble.
GigantGohouri

Beitrag von GigantGohouri » 23.10.2007 18:10

Inselaffe-Borussia-Fan hat geschrieben:First half - one of the worst I've ever seen! Neither side threatened anything!
You don't saw a game last season :shock: :lol:
oldparish hat geschrieben:Marko Marin is one hell of a player and gets people up off their seats every time he has the ball but he does need to play with his head up and be aware of what's around him.
Yes, correct! 8)
Inselaffe-Borussia-Fan

Beitrag von Inselaffe-Borussia-Fan » 23.10.2007 18:49

Jens T. hat geschrieben:You don't saw a game last season :shock: :lol:
Touché :wink:
oldparish

Beitrag von oldparish » 23.10.2007 19:24

Going back to Rob Friend,I'd never heard of him before he came to Borussia(just shows what I know)but he doesn't half get into some good positions.
Inselaffe-Borussia-Fan

Beitrag von Inselaffe-Borussia-Fan » 23.10.2007 19:52

oldparish hat geschrieben:Going back to Rob Friend,I'd never heard of him before he came to Borussia(just shows what I know)but he doesn't half get into some good positions.
I thought he was a bit of a carthorse when he joined OP (also against Mainz), but he's getting better and better.
Antworten